- Architects: SLOW Architects
- Location: Enshi City, Hubei Province, China
- Area: 25.0 sqm
- Project Year: 2015
- Photographs: Chuanchen Li（SLOW Architects）
- Initiator: Zhigang Xu
- Donors: Yi Cheng, Xiaojuan Tsian, Chenglong Wang（SLOW Architects）, Zhigang Xu and etc
- Material Donors: Aalto Metal Roofing System, China Human Settlements Engineering & Materials Institute, Mujian optimal product (Beijing) building material CO.,Ltd., Tianjin Fusen Wood, Velux(China)
- Construction: Tianmao Yang, Qichao Chen, Chuanchen Li （SLOW Architects）
From the architect. This teaching school locates in the mountain area of Enshi City, Hubei province and at the intersection of three counties. The students in this area live far away from any of the central school of the three counties, so the teaching school is reserved because of the actual need. But it could not get more financial support to improve its hardward.
Our friend Mr. Xu Zhigang initiate this endowment to build a reading room for this teaching school and find us to take charge of the design and material counting; because it would be too difficult to find contractor to go into the mountain, the construction will also be done by a few friends and one of our colleague. Considering the site condition, we decide the principle of the design is to use wood structure, make most component prefabricated in urban area of Enshi City and only assemble them rapidly on the mountain. Based on this principle, we discussed the design and the tectonic details back and forth.
The entire building is supposed to be 15-20sqm，and finally it comes to 25sqm including the grey space. The design hopes to create possibly rich spacial experience in such a small building, so that to provoke the imaginations of the children. The eaves facing the playground is designed lower than usual; a corridor connecting the classroom and the playground is set along the gable wall on the road side; and the interior has steps of different heights.